The “Manning Valley Cruzers” Inc. Rod & Custom Club was formed in December 2002 and hosted its first annual rod run in August 2003 at the Airport Hotel, Cundletown. Each year our club has chosen a worthy group to be the beneficiary of our fund raising efforts.
Thanks to the efforts of club members and run participants, the recipient of our 2018 donation was the Kundle/Moto Rural Fire Brigade, to whom we presented a cheque for $7,000 early this year. We also donated another $1,000 to the drought relief.
Previously organisations that the Manning Valley Cruzers have donated to include:
- Nabiac SES/VRA
- Ronald McDonald house
- Camp Memories
- Camp Quality
- Manning Base Hospital children’s ward
- Taree/Great Lakes Ambulance
- Manning Great Lakes Early Intervention
- Great Lakes Marine rescue
- Manning Great Lakes Riding for the Disabled
- Manning Valley Physical Culture
- Nita Reed Dialysis Unit
- Westpac Helicopter Taree & Forster
- Great Lakes Rural Fire Service
- Taree VRA
- Farmers Drought Appeal, just to name a few.
Over the last 6 years alone, Manning Valley Cruzers have donated over $35,000 to various groups, which has been raised via, sponsorship and donations from local business, an auction and a raffle which is run in the lead up to the club run event in August.