Well what a year it has been! Just after our 30th Canberra Rod and Kustom Krooze in January of 2020, Corona Virus struck and things changed in ways we never thought possible.
From that time, most rodding events and meetings were cancelled. After almost a year, borders are starting to open and events around the country are looking to start up again over the coming months, albeit with some restrictions still in place.
After marking time like everyone else for most of the year, the Canberra Hot Rod Association recently made a call to have a go at holding the CRAKK run over its usual weekend in January of 2021. We have tried to maintain all your favourite events, but there will be some changes as we are subject to NSW and ACT COVID guidelines.
So, here’s all the main points:
• We are pleased to advise the new Coordinator for CRAKK 2021 is Danny Fort! Many of you will know Danny, owner of Resort Trailers and one of our long time CRAKK sponsors, and a well known rodder in the Canberra region.
• Australia day public holiday falls on the Tuesday 26th next year. Our event runs from Jan 22 – 25 (presentations on Monday 25th).
• We are still working on the best way to serve the meals, but we aim to copy last years very popular options – and keep it cheap and cheerful!
• Remember, you choose at our Krooze – if you want meals and T shirts, you order them in advance. You choose your activities and when you want to cruise. But we will still give you breakfast, even if it’s takeaway, lots of goodies and a great weekend.
• Back by popular demand – we welcome Wes Pudsey and the Sonic Aces from Sydney for our Saturday night ‘Rock it up.
For further information visit www.chra.org.au/CRAKK/CRAKK2021
BY VICKI MUNDAY